Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ash Fork to Prescott

This was an awesome ride!! For a large portion of it, I was coasting downhill at 20 mph... for miles and miles. Felt like riding a motorcycle, almost. The last ten miles into Prescott were grueling. Uphill and steep!

Awesome, AWESOME, town. I'm in Love with Prescott. I've met some awesome hippies that have been great to talk to. After getting set up, I went for a walk through town, to Hugo's Mexican Restaurant, for dinner. I got myself lost and a guy offered to point me in the right direction. Turned out, he was headed to Hugo's. Thad, a real cool hippy who owns a little yoga studio in town. "Mexican restaurants are always the most gratifying... immediate chips and salsa". Shared dinner with him and met some other cool folks before the night was through. It's been hard to leave Prescott, my campsite is amazing (as close to "The Shire" as you can get in real life and in Arizona). My body is almost entirely sunburnt... at least ill look good on the beach in San Diego! Ha.



















4 comments: